Friday, March 30, 2012

UFC 146's Jason "Mayhem" Miller says he'll quit MMA if he loses to C.B. Dolloway

By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief

MMATorchAvatar2011V2_180_40.jpg
Jason "Mayhem" Miller's poor performance in December against Michael Bisping almost led to an immediate release from the UFC. Now, he says if he has a repeat against C.B. Dolloway at UFC 146 in May, it will lead to the end of his career.

"No, he doesn't deserve to be in there with me, and I'll prove it,? Miller said about Dollaway on Thursday's MMA Uncensored Live on Spike TV (transcribed by MMAWeekly.com). "I'll prove it in under a round cause we see I tend to get tired in the second round."

"We're both in a similar spot in our career I guess. We're on the chopping block, and that's fine, I'm really happy with that... I feel like it, I'm on my own chopping block. If I lose to him, I'm quitting. I quit. I don't deserve to be in there."

Though he's of the belief that he should absolutely win this fight - and saying he doesn't deserve to be in there if he can't beat him is a pretty strong statement - he did backtrack slightly.

"There's not an easy fight, there's no easy fights whatsoever," he finished.

Penick's Analysis: Dolloway's certainly not an easy fight. He's picked up some solid wins through his UFC career, and he will be a challenge for Miller. That said, if Miller does have a repeat of the Bisping fight, he's not going to have any good will left with the UFC, and he won't have a home to continue fighting if he wanted to continue fighting. That said, he's got to make his own motivations, and if he feels he'll be done with a loss, he can't let himself go in there and lose.

Lyman Good Gary Goodridge Gerard Gordeau Jonathan Goulet Wilson Gouveia

No comments:

Post a Comment