Sunday, July 1, 2012

Strikeforce's Nate Marquardt sick of answering TRT questions

By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief

Nate_Marquardt_180_6.jpg
"It's one of those things, it's been challenging. I've had to find a lot of ways to combat it. I've had to change my training schedule, but the bottom line is I'm training hard, I feel great. I've felt like this before in training and done awesome... I just want to move past that point in my life. I mean, I'm so sick of answering TRT questions, to be honest. You would think the media would want to talk about something new, anyway. It's kind of old news. I've got a title fight coming up, and I feel great, and that's the bottom line."

-Nate Marquardt talked about life without testosterone replacement therapy this week during a conference call for his Strikeforce Welterweight Title bout with Tyron Woodley next month (transcribed by MMAFighting.com).

Penick's Analysis: Marquardt's going to get questioned about it incessantly because it's the biggest story of his career. He attempted to get a therapeutic use exemption for the treatment, got one under a conditional basis and didn't uphold the requirements of the exemption, which in turn led to being removed from an event the day before and then getting booted from the UFC. The fact that he is now off a treatment which, by most accounts, he was supposed to be on for life if he got on it in the first place. That's a questionable series of events. He's trying to move on past it with this fight, but it's going to remain on the minds of many for some time.

Arman Gambaryan Manvel Gamburyan Sean Gannon Edgar Garcia Leonard Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment