Tuesday, July 31, 2012

UFC lightweight Anthony Pettis shooting for October or November return

By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief

Anthony_Pettis_14.jpg
"I had shoulder surgery in early April, I'm just trying to get better and get back in the cage. I'm shooting for October or November. It's taking a little longer than expected but I wanted to make sure I'm 100 percent before I get back in there. As of right now, I'm still recovering from the shoulder surgery so I can't take any offers or call anyone out. I'm just kind of at a standstill right now. I want a title shot, so whoever's gonna get me that next fight to a title shot, I'm up for it. I'm in the UFC and I want a UFC title shot. I worked my way to get here and I think I deserve a title shot"

-Anthony Pettis talks to MMAWeekly.com about his recovery progress from shoulder surgery and when he expects to return.

Penick's Analysis: With Pettis out until likely October, possibly even a little later than that, the fight that may make the most sense right now is Donald Cerrone, provided he gets past Melvin Guillard at UFC 150. Nate Diaz will probably wait to fight for the title this fall, and Cerrone with a win will be in good shape to make his own case, considering his sole UFC loss is to that future title challenger in Diaz. A fight between Pettis and Cerrone would be fantastic, and could set up a great early 2013 title fight as well.

Rodrigo Gracie Roger Gracie Rolles Gracie Royce Gracie Royler Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment